The Eastern Kentucky University Center for Pre-Professional Advising (CPPA) assists students interested in pursuing careers in law, medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, optometry, dentistry, or as a physician assistant.
If you are interested in pursuing admission to a professional school after graduation, you will meet with a CPPA advisor regularly to receive ongoing feedback about developing your academic and extracurricular experiences for application and admission to professional school.
Topics of discussion may include:
- Completing the academic prerequisites for admission to professional programs
- Taking advantage of extracurricular opportunities such as volunteer activities, job shadowing, internships, undergraduate research, and study abroad
- Exploring summer pre-professional programs and opportunities
- Preparing for professional-school admission tests (LSAT, MCAT, OAT, DAT, PCAT, GRE)
- Requesting letters of recommendation
- Enhancing personal statements and interview skills
- Navigating the application process