Pre-Professional Advisors at EKU assist students interested in pursuing careers in law, medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, optometry, dentistry, or as a physician assistant.
If you are interested in pursuing admission to a professional school after graduation, you will meet with an advisor regularly to receive ongoing feedback about developing your academic and extracurricular experiences for application and admission to professional school.
Topics of discussion may include:
- Completing the academic prerequisites for admission to professional programs
- Taking advantage of extracurricular opportunities such as volunteer activities, job shadowing, internships, undergraduate research, and study abroad
- Exploring summer pre-professional programs and opportunities
- Preparing for professional-school admission tests (LSAT, MCAT, OAT, DAT, PCAT, GRE)
- Requesting letters of recommendation
- Enhancing personal statements and interview skills
- Navigating the application process